SLATE SPRINGS – Odean Hardin Helms, 93, died Wednesday, April 23, 2014, at Calhoun Health Services in Calhoun City. She was born Sept. 26, 1920, in Calhoun County to Grady Hardin and Maude Vance Hardin.
She was a homemaker and one of the oldest members and church clerk and treasurer for more than 50 years at Spring Hill Baptist Church; She enjoyed crocheting and knitting, and her pleasure was giving these to people. She enjoyed being with her family, especially the grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Survivors include one daughter, Brenda (Terry) Biffle of Fulton; one son, Eddie (Pam) Helms of Slate Springs; three grandchildren, Derrell (Crystal) Biffle of Fulton; Jerrell (Trish) Biffle of Fulton; and Sonny (Sharon) Pryor of Brandon; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 59 years, James “Truett” Helms; her parents; and two brothers.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, April 26, at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel in Calhoun City. Bro. Jimmy Vance will officiate. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery in Slate Springs.
Pallbearers will be Wood Spencer, Corey Vance, Willie Jobe West, Scott West, Clay West and Ethan Nanney. Honorary pallbearers will be David May, the staff of Bruce Community Living Center, Burl Hardin, Mickey West, Terrell Hardin, Shelton Williams and Thomas Latham.
Online condolences can be left at Pryorfuneralhome.com.
Visitation will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home. – See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/djournal/obituary.aspx?n=odean-hardin-helms&pid=170793828&fhid=21401#sthash.jbQJWur1.dpuf
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago