PONTOTOC – Greg Roberts, 41, passed away Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He went to Bolton High School in Tennessee and played football at the University of Tennessee.
He loved his children and grandchild but most of all his wife. He was a very compassionate, loving and helped anyone that needed it. He was an organ donor.
Service will be at 2 p.m. Friday, April 25, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc. Bro. Allan Sterbinsky and Bro. Don Smith will be officiating. Burial will be in Campground Cemetery. Tutor Memorial Funeral Home of Pontotoc is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Kollette Barlow Roberts; two sons, Allen and Austin Roberts; two daughters, Casey Roberts and Ally Ruth Pannell; brother, Paul Roberts (Angie); grandson, James Bentley Roberts; in-laws, Tom and Sue Weeks, and Sammie and Donna Barlow; sisters-in-law, Karla and Ronnie Robbins, Kourtney and Barry Mathews; nieces, Karley Robbins, Regan Roberts and Koryn Mathews; nephews, Kyle Robbins and Ridge Roberts; and grandmother-in-law, Hilda M. Laster.
He was preceded in death by his father, Jimmy Roberts; and grandmother, Faye Roberts.
Pallbearers will be Paul Roberts, Toby Collums, Pete Berry, Ronnie Robbins, Tom Weeks, Jason Steele, Mitchell Wood, Barry Mathews and Jeff Simmons. Honorary pallbearers will be Tommy Montgomery, Trey Huey, John Ware, Brad Mayo, Rod Collier, Todd Powell, Randy Seale and Parker Chapman.
Visitation will be from noon to 2 p.m. Friday.
Memorial donations can be made to MORA (Mississippi Organ Recovery Assoc.), 4400 Lakeland Drive, Flowood, MS 39232, in memory of Greg Roberts.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago