Lady Cats fall to Lady ‘Noles
Smithville completed its clean sweep of Division 4-1A on Friday afternoon with a 12-2 five-inning win over Houlka.
The Lady Noles escaped a jam with two on and one out in the first inning without surrendering a run. Houlka’s Chianne Edington led off with a base hit to left center, but was erased at second on Cara Martin’s fielder’s choice. Paige Graves and Cassie Homan followed that up with back-to-back hits but a throw from the outfield cut off the lead runner and a grounder to first ended the inning.
In the bottom of the first, Lane Kennedy beat out an infield single to short, moved to second on a wild pitch, stole third and scored when Breanna Edgeworth reached on an error. Angel Guyton reached on another error to plate Edgeworth for a 2-0 lead.
In the second, Macy McCain and Billie Claire Goode hit back-to-back singles with one out, and both scored on Kennedy’s triple to right field. A groundout from Edgeworth plated Kennedy, and Guyton singled to left to keep the inning going before a ball back to the pitcher ended things.
Aftter base hits from Claire McNeese and Katie King, McCain’s sac bunt made it 5-0 in the third.
Smithville plated three runs in the fourth to lead 9-0.
The Lady Wildcats loaded the bases with no one out in the fifth and scored two runs to keep the game going. Jesse Moore and Alllunah Tumblin each drew walk, and TempiWebb singled to left center to load up the bases. A strikeout and a popup to first base put Barrett in a position to get out of the jam before Martin’s two-run single to make it 9-2.
The Lady Noles finished off the win in the bottom of the fifth.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago