EDINBURGH, Scotland – Mary “Connie” Thompson, 84, died on Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, in Edinburgh. Born on Aug. 31, 1929, she was a daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Donald Scott.
She was a graduate of Milnathort, Scotland, High School. As a teenager, she worked in a baker’s shop and was crowned most beautiful in a beauty pageant. For 35 years, she operated a bed and breakfast in Edinburgh. She was a member of The Church of Scotland. A genuine lady who was a wonderful wife and best friend to her husband, she enjoyed traveling, shopping, gardening, and loved clothes, taking great pride in always looking her best.
She is survived by her soul mate of 25 years, Otis “Fuz” Thompson of Edinburgh; children, Joyce Scott, and Brian, Norman, and Allen Scott, all of Scotland; two grandchildren; one great-grandchild; and numerous nieces and nephews.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by 11 brothers and sisters.
A graveside service will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, April 25, at Coontail Cemetery in Wren with Bro. Dennis Smithey officiating. Everyone is asked to meet at 12:45 p.m. at the cemetery. E.E. Pickle Funeral Home of Amory is in charge of arrangements.
Memorials may be given to the American Cancer Society , P.O. Box 22718, Oklahoma City, OK 73123-1718.
Memories and condolences may be shared with the family at eepicklefuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka streamlines police accounting May 18, 2016
- Toppers commit four errors in loss May 22, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago