Lions snatch victory from Wildcats
Just about the time Houlka thought they had their playoff berth secured, they watched it slip away to the bats of the Hamilton Lions. The Wildcats had to win over Hamilton by three runs to take the third place spot cleanly with no tie breakers or point differentials.
Hamilton went up by one in the first inning off McKellers Conwill’s RBI double but the Wildcats came right back in the bottom of the frame.
Tyreque Reed hit an RBI double to right field and Marquis Vance repeated it to left field for a 2-1 lead.
The Wildcats gained two more runs in the bottom of the third with Reed hitting a single, Vance hitting a double and Josh Clair sending them both home on a single to right field.
Johnathon Huffman singled in the fourth and a sac bunt moved him over. Huffman stole third and home to add another run and Titus White got the single to RBI Braxton Peden in the fifth for a 6-1 lead.
And that’s where the wheel ran off the bus.
In the top of the seventh, Hayden Evans reach on a pitching error and Allen Baty singled to advance Evans to third. John Wesley Kent sent Evans home and the scoring frenzy began for the Lions.
Austin Bishop walked on and Nick Owens got an RBI single to keep the Lions rolling. Another walk and a balk helped plate a run and another pitching error loaded the bases again. Two more walks forced runs and Baty wrapped things up with a two RBI single to put the Lions up 9-6 with only the bottom of the seventh to go.
Reed started it strong for the Wildcats with a solo homer and the Houlka boys put runners at second and third, but stranded them there and took the 9-7 loss.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago