2-year-old found unharmed in south Georgia
SYLVESTER, Ga. (AP) – A 2-year-old girl whose younger sister was found dead in Mississippi has been found unharmed in Georgia.
Police in the south Georgia town of Sylvester told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that Maliah Harris and her parents – who were being sought by law officers across the South – were located late Wednesday.
Sylvester police tell Georgia station WALB-TV that a Sylvester officer pulled the vehicle over on U.S. Highway 82 in Sylvester.
Mississippi authorities said 2-year-old Maliah Harris disappeared with her parents after her 7-month-old sister, Alyssa, was found dead. County Coroner Greg Merchant says there were no visible signs of injury. An autopsy was being conducted.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol had issued an Amber Alert for the 2-year-old and her parents.
Sylvester police say the parents were being questioned by police early Thursday.
Amber Alert issued for missing 2-year-old Lowndes County girl
4:25 p.m. Wednesday, April 23, 2014.
JACKSON (AP) – A 7-month-old Mississippi infant is dead and authorities continue to search for her sibling.
Lowndes County Chief Deputy Marc Miley says 2-year-old Maliah Harris disappeared with her parents after her 7-month-old sister, Alyssa, was found dead.
County Coroner Greg Merchant says there were no visible signs of injury. An autopsy is being conducted
The Mississippi Highway Patrol issued an Amber Alert for the child and her parents — identified 34-year-old Donald Boyd Harris and 31-year-old Allison Studdard.
Patrol spokesman Warren Strain says they were last seen in a black or brown 2002 Pontiac Aztec with Georgia license plate PGR7927.
Miley says the siblings’ grandfather discovered Alyssa’s body about 5:30 a.m. Wednesday. Miley says the grandfather called 911 and the parents left with the 2-year-old girl.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago