Pink ribbon run Saturday
Runners and walkers will take to the streets April 26 in the annual spring Pink Ribbon run sponsored by Team Hope Houston.
The event benefits community members who are battling beast cancer and their families.
Team Hope Houston is a civic group comprised of local women committed to making a difference in the fight against breast cancer and most of them understand the need from first-hand experience.
“Breast cancer has touched my family personally,” said Team Hope member Deanna Uhiren, who watched her mother fight the dreaded disease.
“In 2004, I lost my mom after a seven-year battle with breast cancer,” Uhiren said. “In our community, there are so many other families that have been affected by this disease and our 5K is such an awesome way to help people in our own community.”
The 5K raises about $3,000 which stays in the local community to assist people with needs due to breast cancer.
Pre-registration forms are available at Wave Lenghths Salon in Houston or from any Team Hope member. Pre-registration fees are $15 and race day registration is $20 beginning at 7 a.m. at the parking lot between the Civic Center and Kid’s Park on Starkville Road.
The race begins at 8 a.m. with trophies awarded for overall male and female winners and 13 age divisions at its conclusion.
For more information about the race or how to help team Hope Houston members in the fight against breast cancer, call 456-6040.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago