Man faces federal drug, firearms charges
A Moss Point man is facing federal drug and firearms charges following his arrest in Chickasaw County.
Miles Loyd Taylor, 30, faces a three-count indictment following his arrest in February of 2013.
Taylor is charged with possession of methamphetamine with the intent to distribute, possession of a firearm in the furtherance of a drug transaction and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
He will be arraigned Tuesday at 2 p.m. in U. S. District Court in Oxford.
Man sentence for conspiracy
An Alcorn County man will serve a 42 month federal prison sentence for attempting to set up a cocaine and marijuana distribution network in northeast Mississippi.
Kenneth Scales, 50, of Corinth pleaded guilty in November to one count of conspiracy to distribute a controlled substance.
A federal indictment accuses Scales and nine others of moving drugs into Lee and Chickasaw County.
Authorities say the group was working together to expand the network of customers in the effort to obtain a large amount of money.
In addition to the prison time, Scales will serve three years probation.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago