SHANNON – Joseph “”Joey”” Bass, 44, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014. He was born Sept. 10, 1969, to Bayward Talmadge and Carolyn Codelia Halcomb Bass.
He was employed as a framer at United Furniture Company and was proud to be working again. His work history included janitorial, construction and furniture work. He loved fishing, camping, outdoor events and loved to draw. He loved his family, wife, friends and God, and he was especially loved by his grandbabies, who called him Papaw. He was a prankster that loved to joke and cut-up. When you met him, you could not help to love him.
Services will be 1 p.m. Monday, April 21, at the Jefferson Street Chapel of W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors with the Rev. Christopher Stacks officiating.
Survivors include his wife of three years, Letitia Bass; his stepchildren, Rosebud, Amelia, Elizabeth, Samantha, Della, Ruvel and Ray; three sisters, Bridget Spencer (Ray) of Shannon, Barbara Luna (Robert) of California and Silvia Reeves (Mike) of California; one brother, James Bass II of Shannon; and his mother, Carolyn Taylor, and his stepfather, Allen Taylor, of Saltillo.
He was preceded in death by his father, Bayward Talmadge Bass; two brothers, Bayward T. Bass Jr. and Ottis Bass; maternal grandparents, Silvia and Thomas Halcomb; paternal grandparents, Rev. James C. and Mary Katherine Bass; paternal aunt, Agnes Tipton; paternal uncles, Ottis and James Bass; maternal aunts, Marilyn Eastman and Patricia Ann Stewart; and maternal uncle, George Halcomb.
Visitation will be 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to his funeral account in care of W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors, P.O. Box 1488, Tupelo, MS 38802.
Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago