SHANNON – Rinnie “Doc” Davis, 63, died Monday, April 14, 2014, at Traceway Green House Hospice in Tupelo. He began his education at Houlka Elementary School and finished his studies and graduated from Houston High School in Houston.
After graduating he worked for B&B Concrete and later for Donald Smith Company until his health failed. He attended Wesley Chapel CME Church.
Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, April 19, at N.L. Jones Funeral Chapel with the Rev. Jack Shelton delivering the eulogy. Burial will be in Johnson Chapel Cemetery. N.L. Jones Funeral Directors is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his son, Turell Davis; two daughters, Shelithea (Curtis) Darden and Tounya Gill, all of Shannon; seven sisters, Barbara (Burce) Davis, Betty Davis and Effie Robertson, all of Shannon, Annie R. Evans, Mary L. Sandlin (Floyd) and Carolyn F. Evans, all of Beloit Wis., and Ethel M. Evans of Milwaukee,Wis.; five brothers, Eugene (Rosa) Davis Jr. and Tommy (Sharon) Davis, both of Shannon, Rickey (Millicent) Davis of Tupelo, Thomas Evans Jr. of Beloit,Wis., and Derrick B. (Charlotte) Evans of Fort Wayne, Ind.; and four grandchildren, Torrence, Lorenzo Gill, Ca’Mya and Caitlyn Darden.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Doris Mae Bean and Eugene Davis Sr.; and a brother, Franky Lee Davis.
Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago