Authorities search for driver of drug car
Officers are now searching for the driver of the vehicle, who fled immediately after being pulled over in the area of Green Tee Road.
Sheriff Jim Johnson said deputies were called to the area after someone reported a reckless driver trying to run them over.
The vehicle was located and the driver evaded the deputy for a short time before pulling into a driveway and fleeing on foot.
A K-9 unit from the Tupelo Police Department assisted deputies in searching for the driver of the vehicle but lost his trail after a block.
Johnson said he thinks someone picked the suspect up in another vehicle.
In the vehicle, deputies found a bag with 9 ounces of marijuana, which Johnson said is some of the higher grade marijuana he’s seen in the area, as well as one ounce of powder and crack cocaine.
He said the drugs are worth between $5,000 and $10,000 on the street.
“We’re happy to have these drugs off the street, but this suspect clearly has access to high quality drugs, and we want to shut his business down,” Johnson said.
The owner of the vehicle reported it stolen a few hours after the vehicle was seized by the Lee County Sheriff’s Office.
Johnson said they are questioning the owner of the vehicle but don’t have charges on anyone and are still looking for leads.
He asked that the caller who made the initial 911 call or anyone with information to contact his department at (662) 841-9040 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 773-8477.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago