CALHOUN CITY – Gwendolyn Killingsworth Shipp, 86, died Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Calhoun Health Service Nursing Home in Calhoun City. She was born Nov. 10, 1927, in Greenville to A.K. Killingsworth and Octa Culp Killingsworth.
She was a homemaker and a member of Lewis Memorial United Methodist Church. She was a charter member of Isaac Ross Colonial Dames 17th Century; and a member of Daughters of the American Revolution.
She is survived by her husband, Russell Shipp of Calhoun City; one daughter, Pam (Doug) Gould of Cuenca, Ecuador; two sons, Birl “Bubba” (Mary) Miller of Calhoun City and Kenneth Allen (Brenda) Miller of Pecos, Texas; one sister, Wilma Kipp of McLean, Va.; seven grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; and a sister.
Service will be at 4 p.m. Friday, April 18, at Lewis Memorial United Methodist Church in Calhoun City. Bro. Allen Dearing will officiate. Graveside service will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, April 98, at Highland Cemetery in Hattiesburg. Pryor Funeral Home of Calhoun City is in charge of arrangements.
Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. The body will lie placed in the church one hour before service time Friday.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association and the Breast Cancer Foundation.
Online condolences can be left at Pryorfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago