OKOLONA – James Everette Thompson, 56, died Sunday, April 6, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center from injuries received in an auto accident. He was born Sept. 19, 1957, to Eloise Thompson Rogers and the late Doward Thompson.
He was a 1976 graduate of Shannon High School, where he played football and baseball. He served in the U.S. Army. He was a former employee of LifeStyle. He lived in Dunkirk, N.Y., before returning home to Okolona.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, April 12, at Union Baptist Church with the Rev. Richard Boone officiating. Williams Memorial Funeral Home of Okolona is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his mother, Eloise Rogers, and his stepfather, John Rogers, of Okolona; three daughters, Cynthia Young (Bernard) of Shannon, Angelia Williams of Tupelo and Jasmine Thompson of Okolona; four sons, Mario Thompson of Atlanta, Marcus Thompson of Okolona, Marion Hughes of Nettleton and Marriel Thompson of Atlanta; one brother, Walter Thompson of Okolona; eight grandchildren; and one great-grandchild.
Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers crush Yazoo April 27, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago