OKOLONA – James Everette Thompson, 56, died Sunday, April 6, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center from injuries received in an auto accident. He was born Sept. 19, 1957, to Eloise Thompson Rogers and the late Doward Thompson.
He was a 1976 graduate of Shannon High School, where he played football and baseball. He served in the U.S. Army. He was a former employee of LifeStyle. He lived in Dunkirk, N.Y., before returning home to Okolona.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, April 12, at Union Baptist Church with the Rev. Richard Boone officiating. Williams Memorial Funeral Home of Okolona is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his mother, Eloise Rogers, and his stepfather, John Rogers, of Okolona; three daughters, Cynthia Young (Bernard) of Shannon, Angelia Williams of Tupelo and Jasmine Thompson of Okolona; four sons, Mario Thompson of Atlanta, Marcus Thompson of Okolona, Marion Hughes of Nettleton and Marriel Thompson of Atlanta; one brother, Walter Thompson of Okolona; eight grandchildren; and one great-grandchild.
Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- CARA CHISOLM: There is a reason for Memorial Day May 29, 2016
- Houston Solar Car honored by Legislature May 29, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago