CALHOUN CITY – Rubert Ovid Kimbrough, 89, died Monday, April 7, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born March 22, 1925, in Van Vleet to Robert Kimbrough and Willie Turman Kimbrough. He was a retired maintenance foreman for C.H. Services; a member of Calhoun City First Baptist Church and a Mason. He was an Army veteran of World War II and an Air Force veteran of the Korean War. He was a member of the American Legion and the VFW.
Survivors include his wife, Orby Jean Hill Kimbrough of Calhoun City; one daughter, Jeanne Frye of Columbus; two sons, Tony Kimbrough and Joey Kimbrough, both of Calhoun City; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday, April 9, at Calhoun City First Baptist Church with Bro. Mike Smith and Bro. Wayne Gullett officiating. Burial will be in Pinecrest Memorial Gardens in Calhoun City. Pryor Funeral Home of Calhoun City is in charge of arrangements.
Members of the military will serve as pallbearers. Honorary pallbearers will be members of his church Sunday school class.
Visitation will be from noon to 2 p.m. Wednesday at Calhoun City First Baptist Church
Online condolences can be left at Pryorfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago