WEST POINT – Dorothy Lounez Tate, 82, passed away on Sunday, April 6, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center-West Point. She was born on Sept. 18, 1931, in Chickasaw County to Sally Lou Griffin and Elbert Smith. She was a self-employed painter and a member of Free Praise & Worship Center.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday April 9, at Robinson Funeral Home Chapel in West Point with Bro. Wayne Mathis officiating. Burial will follow in the Greenwood Cemetery.
She is survived by sons, Leonard F. Tate Jr. (Barbara) of West Point, Johnny Tate (Judy) of Pheba; daughter, Frankie Sue Boeke (Ray) of West Point; 10 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; and eight great-great-grandchildren.
She is preceded in death by her parents; and her husband, Leonard Tate Sr.
Pallbearers will be Mathew Long, Jonathan Tate, Larry Boeke, Ed Stevens, Bobby Cliett and Preston McKee. Honorary pallbearers are Bobby Vail, Thomas Allen, Dr. Andrew Wartak, Michael Merchant and Dr. Tom Braddock.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Robinson Funeral Home.
Memorials may be made to Sally Kate Winters Memorial Children’s Home, P.O. Box 1233, West Point, MS 39773.
Friends may leave condolences online at robinsonfh.net.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago