OKOLONA – Ople Katherine O’Barr Henry, 69, died Friday, April 4th, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice Unit following an extended illness. She was born Aug. 17, 1944, to Jessie O’Barr and Annie Kate O’Barr. She worked at Walmart on West Main in Tupelo for 10 plus years and was a homemaker, enjoying arts and crafts of all types. She was an active member of Carnation Baptist Church in Okolona, and she loved her church family. She enjoyed going to gospel singings and was crazy about spending time with her grandchildren. Before her health began to fail, she enjoyed traveling and working with her flowers.
A celebration of life service will be 2 p.m. Sunday, April 6, in the Okolona Chapel of Holland Funeral Directors with her grandson-in-law, Bro. Dustin Tutor, her nephew, Danny Owens and Bro. Truman Carter officiating. Burial will follow at East Chickasaw Memorial Gardens.
Survivors include her son, Ken Henry and his wife, Susie of Birmingham, Ala.; grandchildren, Susan Elizabeth Tutor and husband, Dustin Tutor of Senatobia and Kenneth Colby “Brother” Henry of the University of Alabama; sisters, Mary Ann Irby of Troy Community and Faye Packett of N.C; and special family member and caretaker, Barbara Rea.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, James Alvin Henry, who died Aug. 6, 1998; brothers, infant, J.T. O’Barr, Howard Lee O’Barr, Sonnie O’Barr and Junior O’Barr; and sister, Bonnie O’Barr.
Pallbearers are Brother Henry, Tony Bethune, Jeff Bethune, Craig Kincade, Tommy Rogers and Nicky Owens. Honorary pallbearers are Richard Irby, Delaine Walls and Rod Irby.
Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday and from 1 p.m. until service time Sunday at the funeral home.
Condolences may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago