PONTOTOC – Charles E. Duke “Papa,” 94, of Pontotoc, passed away Wednesday, April 2, 2014, at home. He was born Aug. 11, 1919, to Mitchell and Ostella Duke. He married Josie Ladell Luker July 31, 1942. He worked in radio and TV repair for many years. He worked for Mr. Fred Dowdy in jukebox and pinball repair until retirement. He was a World War II veteran serving in North France and Central Europe from July 1942 to November 1945. He was a loving father and grandfather and he will be missed by all.
Services will be 2 p.m. Saturday April 5, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc with Bro. Junior Ritchie officiating. Burial will be in Redland Cemetery. Tutor Memorial Funeral Home of Pontotoc is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include four sons, Charles Duke Jr. (Ruth) of Horn Lake, Robert E. Duke (Linda) of Houlka, James A. Duke of Pontotoc and Terry F. Duke (Billie) of Pontotoc; two daughters, Josie Enis (Paul) of Randolph and Mary Cloinger of Pontotoc; 14 grandchildren; a host of great-grandchildren; and a host of great-great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his wife; parents; brother, Willie F. Duke; sister, Maudie McMcullough; grandson, Mike Duke; daughter-in-law, Carol Duke; and son-in-law, Leslie Cloinger.
Pallbearers will be Chad Lindamood, Wesley Duke, L.C. Cloinger, Steve Duke, Bradley Enis and Philip Enis.
Honorary pallbearers will be Greg Duke, Adam Duke, Cody Duke, Christopher Duke and Charles Edward Duke.
Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m Friday and from noon until 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- Rain doesn’t stop Relay May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers top Corinth May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers dominate Commodores May 6, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago