Lady Rams split division
The Lady Rams had a win-lose week on the diamond, picking up a district win and dropping one to run even in district, the falling to South Pontotoc in non-division play.
The Lady Rams beat South earlier in March but couldn’t keep their focus in the rematch March 24, taking a hard 15-0 loss.
“We just couldn’t get anything going,” said coach Billy Dill. “We’d gain a little and then lose our momentum.”
Dill said once the team began making errors it was contagious and really drained their concentration.
The Lady Rams recouped their composure March 24 with a 14-4 district win over Houlka on the Lady Wildcats field.
Grace Edmondson got the win on the mound and helped herself with a triple and three RBI.
Cheyenne McKinney went 2-4 with four RBI and Laken Lucius went 3-4 with three RBI. Sydney Huffman, Laci Jo Fugett and Lainey Jo Landreth each contributed an RBI in the win.
The Lady Rams found themselves stymied March 27 at Hamilton as the Lady Lions dealt them a 7-1 loss.
“We showed up, but we didn’t play well,” Dill said. “Way too many errors.”
The loss put the Lady Rams even in division play at 1-1 to start this week.
They are scheduled to travel to Smithville Tuesday and host Houlka Thursday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Houston to craft no-smoking ordinance May 17, 2016
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- Toppers commit four errors in loss May 22, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago