Lady Rams split division
The Lady Rams had a win-lose week on the diamond, picking up a district win and dropping one to run even in district, the falling to South Pontotoc in non-division play.
The Lady Rams beat South earlier in March but couldn’t keep their focus in the rematch March 24, taking a hard 15-0 loss.
“We just couldn’t get anything going,” said coach Billy Dill. “We’d gain a little and then lose our momentum.”
Dill said once the team began making errors it was contagious and really drained their concentration.
The Lady Rams recouped their composure March 24 with a 14-4 district win over Houlka on the Lady Wildcats field.
Grace Edmondson got the win on the mound and helped herself with a triple and three RBI.
Cheyenne McKinney went 2-4 with four RBI and Laken Lucius went 3-4 with three RBI. Sydney Huffman, Laci Jo Fugett and Lainey Jo Landreth each contributed an RBI in the win.
The Lady Rams found themselves stymied March 27 at Hamilton as the Lady Lions dealt them a 7-1 loss.
“We showed up, but we didn’t play well,” Dill said. “Way too many errors.”
The loss put the Lady Rams even in division play at 1-1 to start this week.
They are scheduled to travel to Smithville Tuesday and host Houlka Thursday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago