Rams battle through nine
The Rams dropped a district game to Tupelo Christian Prep March 28, but the Vardaman boys took it through nine innings of fierce competition.
“It was a good game,” said Vardaman coach Boo Griffin. “We played really good early in and hit kind of a slump, but it seemed like we were getting it back for a while.”
The Eagles brought in their top pitcher, senior Israel Foster, and the Rams scored a run off him, showing Griffin his young team is growing up on the field.
“They never quit till the final out,” Griffin said. “We’ve got to keep that kind of momentum going.”
Dalton Huffman was the pitcher of record for the Rams. Chase Owens and Brandon Washington had two hits each and J.C. Hare had a hit and scored a run. Ty Long had a hit and walked on twice.
The Rams fell to Houlka in district play March 25 by a margin of 5-10 and lost to West Union, 4-14, in a round-robin tourney at Bruce Saturday.
“They hit the ball well and just came out early,” Griffin said of the West Union Eagles. “Somtimes you just have to tip your hat to the other team. They just played better.
Against West Union, Kemp Edmondson took the loss on the hill. Owens had two hits and three stolen bases and Allen Hendrix and Hunter Spencer had one hit each.
The Rams wrapped up their week with a close battle against the Trojans of Bruce, falling 7-8. The Rams went for the tying run only to be thrown out a the plate in the top of the seventh.
Long was the pitcher of record and recorded two hits while J.C. Hare led at the plate with a home run and three RBI.
owens had a hit and three stolen bases and Brandon Washington had a hit, a run and two steals.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- PROM NIGHT 2016! April 24, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago