Win times three for Lady Rams
The Lady Rams had a successful week on the diamond, scoring three wins out of four games and dropping their only loss by one run.
The Lady Rams started things off with a 15-0 blanking of West Lowndes March 18 with Sydney Huffman getting the win on the hill.
Laci Jo Fugett, Laken Lucius, Cheyenne McKiney and Madison Bullard all had doubles and Jessica Rodgers had two doubles. Lainey Landreth had a triple in the effort.
The Vardaman girls went on to score an 8-7 win over 3A South Pontotoc, the same Lady Cougars that bested East Webster earlier in the week.
“We had some timely hitting against South with everyone up and down the lineup contributing,” said coach Billy Dill.
Grace Edmondson got the win and helped herself with a two RBI homerun.
McKiney had a double and Fugett had a triple.
The Lady Rams played a round-robin tournament Saturday with Calhoun City and Bruce, splitting their games.
The Vardaman girls shutout the Lady Wildcats, 6-0, with Fugett on the hill. Edmondson hit another homer and Lucius, Edmondson and Landreth all added a stolen base.
The Lady Rams dropped their game with Bruce, 7-8, with Edmondson tagged for the loss.
McKiney and Edmondson had two doubles each in the effort.
Dill credited the girls with putting the ball in play but still see field work to be done.
“We have to get more consistent on offense and a lot better on defense,” Dill said.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Okolona celebrates graduation May 20, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago