VARDAMAN – Donnie Lee Johnson, 65, died Saturday, March 22, 2014, at his home. He was born Nov. 20, 1948, in Vardaman.
He was a member of the Vardaman United Methodist Church in which he served as a member of the church administration board and as a church representative of the Calhoun County Cluster. He was also an active member of the Calhoun County Our Daily Bread Food Pantry. He was a Mason and a member of the Masonic Lodge #527. He was retired from the maintance department with Weyerhaeuser Co.
Services will be 2 p.m. Monday, March 24, at Vardaman United Methodist Church with Bro. Harold Robinson officiating and Bro. William Montgomery and Bro. Robert Earl Alexander assisting. Burial, with full Masonic Rights, will be in Hillcrest Cemetery in Vardaman. Parker Memorial Funeral Home of Vardaman is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include two sisters, Brenda Bluhm of Winona, Minn., and Gloria Johnson of Vardaman; two brothers, James Johnson of Vardaman and Johnnie Johnson of Harvest, Ala.; three nieces, Michelle Johnson of Vardaman, Alison Johnson of Harvest, Ala., and Tiffany Turberville of Vardaman; two nephews, Walter Bluhm of Kasson, Minn., and Johnnie Johnson Jr. of Athens, Ala.; three great-nephews; two great-nieces; an uncle, John Earl Johnson; and an aunt, Elizabeth Dye.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Edwin Forest and Lois Dye Johnson; and a niece, Bridget Turbeville.
Pallbearers will be White Baker, Clifton Cardwell, Terry Dauzat, Calvin Dye, Jake Jordon, Kenneth Scott, Jesse Strider and Danny Suggs.
Honorary pallbearers are Danny Bailey, Tom Bailey, Bill Davis, Bob Hannaford, Steve Johnson, Robert Earl McGregor, Jimmy Moore, Van Walls and William Price Wright.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home and from 10 a.m. until service time Monday at the church.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago