PONTOTOC – Larry L. McDonald, 60, passed away Wednesday, March 19, 2014, at his home. He was a lifelong resident of Pontotoc.
He was a beloved father, brother, son and friend to many. He had a great love for his horses and motorcycles. He was a master brick mason. He never missed an opportunity to tell the people he was close to that he loved them and a story to be told to everyone.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, March 22, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc. Bro. Bill Dowdy and Bro. David Barnett will be officiating. Burial will be in Shady Grove Cemetery. Tutor Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include his daughter, Brandy McDonald (Bob Martin) of Tupelo; his father, Clydie McDonald (Ruth) of Pontotoc; brother, Scotty McDonald; two sisters, Lisa Bryant (Bert) and Teresa Bagwell (Ricky); longtime companion, Denise Jenkins; four stepchildren, Hank Spurr of Ripley,Tenn., Ricky Spurr Jr. of Houston, Texas, Dylan and Levi Washington of Pontotoc; five grandchildren, Cheyenne Greer, Nikki Martin, Sadie, Sasha and Alyssa Spurr; a host of nieces and nephews; stepsisters, Shirley Shepard, Sherry Powell, Sharon Welch and Sheila Fry; and stepbrother, Danny Joyner.
He was preceded in death by his mother, Martha Jean McDonald; sister-in-law, Stephanie McDonald; and grandparents, Clarence and Lilly McDonald, and Elmer and Lois Lepard.
Pallbearers will be Jimmy Jenkins, Joseph Golden, Adrian Porter, Daniel Foreman, Joseph Dillard and Raymond Anglin. Honorary pallbearers will be Jim Baldwyn, Tim Marshall and Fransisco Hernandez.
Visitation will be from 10 to 11 a.m. Saturday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka streamlines police accounting May 18, 2016
- Toppers commit four errors in loss May 22, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago