JV Cats get the win
The JV Wildcats were the winners on the field March 14 as they bested Bruce 5-0 in the early game.
The Trojans went three-up, three-down in the first inning against Sawyer Byars on the mound and the Cats scored two in the bottom of the frame. Braxton Peden got a lead-off double and Johnathon Huffman advanced him on a fly single. Both runners advanced on steals and Peden stole home on Zach Buggs’ at-bat. Buggs walked on and stole second and Huffman used the diversion to steal home and put the Wildcats up 2-0.
The Houlka team added another run in the second inning as Bubba Edington made it home on a pass ball and went on to a 5-0 win.
In varsity action, the Wildcats lead 2-0 through the second, but the Trojans turned up the juice at the plate, scoring three in the top of the third.
The Wildcats stranded Tyreque Reed on second in the bottom of the frame but added three runs in the fourth and sixth inning to keep the game close.
But in the end the Trojans went on to a 10-8 win.
Dillon Easley took the loss on the hill while Bruce’s Joseph Lester got the win.
Reed and Josh Clair both recorded multiple hits with doubles.
The Wildcats will be back in action Tuesday hosting Smithville and head to Hamilton Friday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago