Harold Mack Patterson, of Chickasaw County, was arrested shortly after midnight in the shooting of Steve Smith, also of Chickasaw County, who was struck the neck as they scuffled with a .22-caliber rifle.
Chickasaw County Chief Deputy James Myers said the incident occurred about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday at County Road 186, behind the old McCondy Post Office.
“These two guys worked together and knew each other and there were apparently some words said and an altercation,” said Myers. “One of the guys went inside and got a rifle and in wrestling with the gun in the yard, it fired and struck one of the guys in the neck.”
Myers said authorities have been told there was no one else at the scene at the time. Myers did say Smith was driven to the emergency room of Trace Regional Medical Center and authorities were called at that time.
Myers said the weapon has been recovered and the incident is still under investigation.
Myers said Thursday afternoon that Patterson was in the Chickasaw County Jail and slated to be arraigned in Chickasaw County Justice Court Friday morning with bond to be set at that time.
Man arrested in McCondy shooting
About Floyd Ingram
- Cook named HSD superintendent May 21, 2015
- Spring squirrel season opens May 23, 2015
- Looking at the future May 24, 2015
- Monday morning Memorial Day May 24, 2015
- Click It or Ticket! May 25, 2015
- 2015 alligator hunting seasons announced May 27, 2015
- Learning to give May 27, 2015
- MDEQ awards solid waste grant to Chickasaw County May 27, 2015
- Handgrabbing fishing season is open statewide until July 15 May 26, 2015
- State of the Region Meeting is Wednesday May 26, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
aberdeen amory Army arrest Baptist Baseball basketball Bruce business Calhoun City Calhoun County chickasaw Chickasaw County Christmas city County Court crime education Eupora featured fire floyd football Franklin houlka Houston ingram Jones Mantee Mississippi Money Moore MSU Okolona police Pontotoc Prairie school schools Smith Tupelo Vardaman west point Woodland
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 2 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 2 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 2 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 2 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 2 years ago