WOODLAND – James David Hill, 88, died Sunday, March 16, 2014. He was born Oct. 12, 1925, in Chickasaw County to Leo Hill and Virgie Bell Lucious Hill.
He was a member of VFW, and a member and deacon of Pleasant Grove Baptist Church. He also served on the Soil Conservation Board.
Services were 2 p.m. Tuesday, March 18, at Pleasant Grove Baptist Church with Bro. Patrick Collins officiating. Burial was at Pleasant Grove Baptist Church Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of the arrangements.
He is survived by his son, Jan Dale Hill (Judy) of Woodland; one grandson, Jason Dale Hill of Woodland; and four great-grandchildren, Katelyn, Tyler, Chloe and Case Hill, all of Woodland.
He is preceded in death by his wife, Johnnie E. Hill; his parents, Leo and Virgie Hill; one brother, John Fed Hill; and two sisters, Virginia Hill Blue and Louise Hill Dismake.
Pallbearers were Danny, Jimmy, John, Scott, David, Chris and Trey Ellison.
Visitation was from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Tuesday at Pleasant Grove Baptist Church.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Pleasant Grove Baptist Church Piano Fund: c/o Tammy Pounds, 1337 CR 70, Woodland MS 39776.
For online condolences, visit www.memorialfuneralhomehouston.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- PROM NIGHT 2016! April 24, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago