BRUCE – Travis Dale Malone, 73, died on Friday, March 14, 2014, at his residence. He was born on Dec. 18, 1940, in Calhoun County to Renzie Poynor Malone and Sarah Crocker Malone, who preceded him in death. He was a retired business owner of Calhoun County Oil and Slate Springs Glove. He served in the Mississippi National Guard during the Berlin Crisis and received an honorable discharge with the rank of sergeant. He was a member of Mt. Moriah Baptist Church, PKC Association, Paso Fino Association, Mason with the Antioch Lodge, Nettleton Fox Hunting Association and Woodmen of the World.
He is survived by his wife, Ann Bowles Malone of Bruce; one daughter, Traci Malone Lee and husband, Chad, of Bruce; one brother, Larry Wade Malone and wife, Linda, of Coldwater; and one granddaughter, Codi Elizabeth Lee of Bruce.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Monday, March 17, at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel with Bro. Wayne Cobb officiating. Interment will be in Bruce Cemetery.
Visitation will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Parker Memorial Funeral Home in Bruce.
Pallbearers will be David Bramlitt, Paul Harrison, Shurden Owen, Zack Parker, Butch Ruth, Noel Snellings, Earl Swanson, Jim Taylor and Cody Weeks.
Honorary pallbearers will be Frank Adcock, Walter Armstrong, Jerry Fred Aron, Dab Conner, Gordon Cook, Buster Edwards, Jerry Inman, Gerald McGregor, Mike McMahan, L.W. Morris, George Norman and Buddy Stewart.
Online condolences may be made to the family at www.parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago