Wide load heads up 45A Saturday
The route will include U.S. Highway 45A and U.S. Highway 45 and is one of several massive boilers that have been moved from is fabrication bay at B&W in West Point to the Tennessee state line.
The 228-ton load is 21 feet wide and 204 feet long, weighs approximately 456,000-pounds and meets the legal height of 13.5 feet, MDOT said.
MDOT permits indicate the load will be escorted by civilian and law enforcement escorts at both front and back as it moves along state highways.
An accident involving a tractor and 18-wheeler on Thursday has prompted authorities to ask motorists who spot the load to slow down and exercise caution when moving around the load. Drivers of motor vehicles should not attempt to take photographs of the load while driving.
- Accident at Egypt snarls Hwy. 45A
- Okolona Man Injured After Wagon Is Hit By 18-Wheeler
- ‘Super load’ to travel highways 45, 45A
- Why 500,000 Dump Truck Accidents Happen Each Year
- MDOT to close Hwy. 41 in Okolona
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers crush Yazoo April 27, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago