Accident at Egypt snarls Hwy. 45A
Sgt. Criss Turnipseed, spokesman for the Mississippi Highway Patrol said an 18-wheeler attempted to drive around a tractor towing hay and apparently clipped the tractor. The impact flipped the tractor and forced the 18-wheeler in to the ditch.
Jackie Ray, 64, of Okolona, and the driver of the tractor was tranported to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo and treated for non life threatening injuries.
Turnipseed said a white 2009 International Semi owned by Southern Delivery Inc. and driven by Otis Riley Jr., 52, of Kosciusko rear-ended the tractor driven by Ray. Ray was pinned underneath his tractor and the semi ran off the east side of the highway, but Riley was not injured in the accident.
The accident happened around 11:40 a.m. on Hwy. 45A just north of the Monroe County line in Chickasaw County. Traffic was snarled at the scene for several hours.
Turnipseed said no citation was issued.
One dead in Pontotoc County crash
A one-vehicle crash in Pontotoc County on Mississippi Highway 334 killed a woman Thursday.
Mississippi Highway Patrol Trooper Ray Hall said Angela Gordon, 47, of Pontotoc, was driving east in her 2002 Ford Taurus when she apparently lost control of the car and overturned. The crash happened about 8:10 p.m.
Gordon had to be extricated from her vehicle and died at the scene from her injuries.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- PROM NIGHT 2016! April 24, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago