Spring break on the diamond
The local and area diamond girls won’t see much time off for the school holiday as Spring break is traditonally tournament time.
The Lady Hilltoppers and Lady Rams started Friday in East Webster and will continue on this week.
East Webster Tournament
The Lady Toppers split in the East Webster Tournament, falling to Eupora, 4-5, and winning over Vardaman, 7-0.
In their first game,the Houston girls had a 1-0 lead in the top of the second, but the Lady Eagles racked up four runs in the bottom of the frame. The Houston girls tied it up in the top of the fifth, but allowed Eupora the winning run at the close of the inning.
In their second game, it was all Houston as the Lady Toppers posted three in the second, one in the third, one in the fourth and two in the fifth while holding the Lady Rams scoreless.
The Lady Rams also fell to the Lady Eagles of Eupora, 1-7, in the tournament. Cheyenne McKiney scored the Lady Rams sole run on a steal home.
Earlier in the week
The Lady Toppers started off their week March 4, battling the Lady Panthers of Amory. The Houston girls led through four innings, but the Lady Panthers kept chipping away, scoring the go-ahead run in the top of the seventh. The Lady Toppers failed to plate a run in the bottom of the frame and fell 6-7.
The Lady Rams didn’t get a very good start on the week either as they lost to the Lady Wolverines of East Webster, 0-11, on March 4.
The Vardaman girls will host tournament Thursday and the Houston girls will cross the county line to participate. On Friday, the Lady Toppers will head to the South Pontotoc Tournament and the Lady Rams will take a short break before hitting the diamond at West Lowndes March 18.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago