Lady Rams open season
The Vardaman Lady Rams hit the diamond Saturday in Houston for two games and while the final outcome wasn’t exactly what they wanted, their coach sees a lot of potential for the coming season.
“We played two really good teams and our young girls got some good experience,” said Billy Dill.
The Lady Rams took on 4A Pontotoc in their early game, posting four hits in a 2-3 loss to the Lady Warriors. Laci Jo Fugett was the pitcher of record and contributed a double, as did Sydney Huffman, while Jessica Rodgers added a sacrifice to advance a runner.
The Lady Warriors matched the Lady Rams with four hits but managed to plate one extra run over the five inning game.
In their second outing of the day, the Lady Rams took on the hosting Lady Toppers and led 2-1 at the bottom of the second inning, but the Lady Toppers had a four-run third to put them in the lead and they held it for a 7-2 win.
Grace Edmondson pitched all five innings for the Lady Rams.
“I thought we pitched well and we fielded Ok, but we have to improve our hitting and base running,” Dill said.
The Lady Rams will be back in action this week as they were scheduled to travel to South Pontotoc Monday and to East Webster Tuesday. They will be back in Cumberland for the East Webster tourney Saturday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago