Lady Eagles wrap in Overall
The blue and gold of Hebron Christian School was highly visible throughout the 2013-14 basketball season as both the boy’s and girl’s team made the State playoffs and the Lady Eagles took their game one step further.
The Hebron girls placed third in their division at State, earning them a berth in the Overall Tournament. Although they took a loss to Leake Academy, coach Bruce Franks was complimentary of their achievements.
“They realy overachieved, much more than I thought they would,” Franks said. “And that lets me know what they are capable of doing. I don’t think they realized how good Leake was, but going in they were the number two school in the state.”
In his first year coaching at Hebron, Franks found a lot of positive elements in his youthful teams and has big plans for the future.
“I’m proud of what they achieved,” Frank said. “A lot of hard work and listening and doing what they were told paid off. In this first year, there were a lot of things we didn’t implement, but we will next year.”
Franks credited his seniors, Alaina Hill, Subrina Oswalt, Hayden Carty and Brandon England for the leadership abilities and thanked the school and team parents for their support.
“We’ve got the bar set high for next year,” Franks said.
n Subrina Oswalt, Alaina Hill and Hayden Carty were selected to the All Star game for seniors and will play March 7 at Jackson Preparatory School. The girls game is at 11 a.m. and the boys will follow at 12:45 p.m.
n Oswalt and Rebekah Falkner were selected to the All State Tournament team.
n Franks was selected District Coach of the Year and North A Boy’s All Star Coach
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Houston Solar Car honored by Legislature May 29, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago