FSA disaster applications available
According to James A. Love, FSA Farm Loan Manager, this authority is pursuant to Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack’s declaration on Dec. 11, of a major disaster in Mississippi caused by excessive rainfall and cooler than normal temperatures that occurred from March 1 through July 31, 2013.
As a result, Chickasaw County has been designated a primary natural disaster area and local farmers, ranchers and operators are eligible for Federal Disaster assistance as defined by the Consolidated Farm and Rural Development Act.
Applications for assistance in the disaster-stricken county will be accepted by FSA through Aug. 11, 2014.
Farmers qualifying for emergency loans may borrow up to 100 percent of their actual production loss or the amount needed to restore their operation to its pre-disaster condition, whichever is less. The new emergency loan and outstanding principal balance of any existing emergency loan owed by the applicant or any individual member of an entity cannot exceed $500,000.
FSA emergency loans cover losses from designated disasters and are made to qualified farmers who cannot obtain credit from other lenders in the local area.
The USDA designated 38 counties in Mississippi as primary natural disaster areas including Chickasaw County. Calhoun County was named a contiguous county and farmers there may qualify for assistance.
Those counties named as primary disaster areas are: Adams, Alcorn, Benton, Carroll, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Clay, Coahoma, Jefferson, Jefferson Davis, Desoto, Grenada, Itawamba, Lafayette, Lee, Leflore, Monroe, Montgomery, Oktibbeha, Panola, Pontotoc, Prentiss, Quitman, Tippah, Tishomingo, Tunica, Union, Webster, Wilkinson, and Yalobusha.
“Our hearts go out to those Mississippi farmers and ranchers affected by recent natural disasters,” said Vilsack. “President Obama and I are committed to ensuring that agriculture remains a bright spot in our nation’s economy by sustaining the successes of America’s farmers, ranchers and rural communities through these difficult times.
“We’re also telling Mississippi producers,” he added, “that USDA stands with you and your communities when severe weather and natural disasters threaten to disrupt your livelihood.”
For more information about this declaration and other USDA/FSA assistance contact Love at 456-1499 or at FSA offices at 15 Lee Horn Drive, Suite 1, in Houston.
- 09-26-13 Farm Service Agency Emegency Loans Available in Designated Disaster Areas in CO…
- 05-08-13 USDA Designates Costilla County in Colorado as a Primary Natural Disaster Area with Assistance to Producers in New Mexico…
- Loans available to farmers in DeSoto, Tate
- Drought prompts natural disaster declaration in NV
- FSA county committee nomination period begins June 17
- Loans available to farmers in DeSoto, Tate
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka streamlines police accounting May 18, 2016
- Toppers commit four errors in loss May 22, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago