FSA disaster applications available
According to James A. Love, FSA Farm Loan Manager, this authority is pursuant to Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack’s declaration on Dec. 11, of a major disaster in Mississippi caused by excessive rainfall and cooler than normal temperatures that occurred from March 1 through July 31, 2013.
As a result, Chickasaw County has been designated a primary natural disaster area and local farmers, ranchers and operators are eligible for Federal Disaster assistance as defined by the Consolidated Farm and Rural Development Act.
Applications for assistance in the disaster-stricken county will be accepted by FSA through Aug. 11, 2014.
Farmers qualifying for emergency loans may borrow up to 100 percent of their actual production loss or the amount needed to restore their operation to its pre-disaster condition, whichever is less. The new emergency loan and outstanding principal balance of any existing emergency loan owed by the applicant or any individual member of an entity cannot exceed $500,000.
FSA emergency loans cover losses from designated disasters and are made to qualified farmers who cannot obtain credit from other lenders in the local area.
The USDA designated 38 counties in Mississippi as primary natural disaster areas including Chickasaw County. Calhoun County was named a contiguous county and farmers there may qualify for assistance.
Those counties named as primary disaster areas are: Adams, Alcorn, Benton, Carroll, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Clay, Coahoma, Jefferson, Jefferson Davis, Desoto, Grenada, Itawamba, Lafayette, Lee, Leflore, Monroe, Montgomery, Oktibbeha, Panola, Pontotoc, Prentiss, Quitman, Tippah, Tishomingo, Tunica, Union, Webster, Wilkinson, and Yalobusha.
“Our hearts go out to those Mississippi farmers and ranchers affected by recent natural disasters,” said Vilsack. “President Obama and I are committed to ensuring that agriculture remains a bright spot in our nation’s economy by sustaining the successes of America’s farmers, ranchers and rural communities through these difficult times.
“We’re also telling Mississippi producers,” he added, “that USDA stands with you and your communities when severe weather and natural disasters threaten to disrupt your livelihood.”
For more information about this declaration and other USDA/FSA assistance contact Love at 456-1499 or at FSA offices at 15 Lee Horn Drive, Suite 1, in Houston.
- 09-26-13 Farm Service Agency Emegency Loans Available in Designated Disaster Areas in CO…
- 05-08-13 USDA Designates Costilla County in Colorado as a Primary Natural Disaster Area with Assistance to Producers in New Mexico…
- Loans available to farmers in DeSoto, Tate
- Drought prompts natural disaster declaration in NV
- FSA county committee nomination period begins June 17
- Loans available to farmers in DeSoto, Tate
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- PROM NIGHT 2016! April 24, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago