LOCAL FOCUS: Denver’s Closet
Denver’s Closet can almost guarantee something new for fashion-oriented shoppers every time they come in the new store in Okolona
The consignment boutique prides itself in a new and unique selection of items that owners’ Tony and Martha DeVargas try to bring to the business every week.
“I can almost promise you will not see the same thing in our store over space of a month,” said Martha DeVargas. “When we opened in June we turned turned over everything in the store at least three times by October.”
And while there are lots of consignment shops, there is only one Denver’s Closet.
The boutique offers new and slightly used clothes and furniture. The specialize in home accents and clothing accessories such as belts, scarves, handbags and that perfect item aimed at highlighting your favorite outfit.
The DeVargas’ also own a store in Dallas and rotate items in from Texas as often as possible.
“We offer a more high-end product than most consignment shops,” said DeVargas. “We have customers who bring in name-brand clothing that they may have worn once or twice. They want something new for their closet, want this out and our customers benefit from an incredible price.”
She said Denver’s Closet is also the place for the fashion-conscious person who want to pocket a couple of dollars selling something that no longer fits.
“We offer the place to sell it,” she said. “They can wait on it to sell and we’ll give them cold hard cash, or they can get a better deal by getting store credit.”
And the price goes down at Denver’s Closet every 30 days until the item sells.
Denver’s Closet offers Michael Kors purses and clothes, Polo, Coach, BCBG and Pretty Angel on a consistent basis.
They also offer lay-away.
Local Focus is a regular business feature of the Chickasaw Journal. Locally owned businesses wanting to be included in Local Focus should call the Chickasaw Journal at 456-3771.
- Digging into history
- Lifestyle | Organize + Energize: 10 Products To Help You Tackle Your Closet
- Closet cravings
- Closet / Dressing Room
- You Are Invite to Celebrate Valentine’s Day With Luxury Consignment Boutique
- Re-enactors mark 150th anniversary of Battle of Okolona
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers crush Yazoo April 27, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago