LISA VOYLES: Keep it under cover
Don’t tell anyone, but I think I saw a hint of spring last weekend.
Shhh, maybe if we all stay really quiet we won’t scare it away.
Let’s face it, we’ve had a long, cold, dreary winter and I, for one, am ready for it to be over. I know the calendar is turning over to March, but I’ve lived here for a long time and I just bet we’ll have at least one more round of winter before we come out of it completely.
It just feels so much like spring right now and a Southern spring is such a mixed bag. Baseball and softball are kicking off while basketball is at its annual climax.
I open the windows at lunch to let the fresh air in and close them up at night so we don’t freeze.
I slipped on my flip-flops Saturday afternoon, then pulled on my sleeping socks later that night.
But as I said earlier, if Spring finds out we suspect its on the way, it could turn ornery and poke us with a little snow flurry just for fun. So I’m keeping my mouth shut and my hopes up that our annual burst of sunshine and positive energy will head our way – and quickly.
I did finally take off all of last year’s polish and apply a brand, new coat to my toes, but I’m keeping it well hidden in my closed-toe shoes until I’m sure the sunshine is really heading our way.
I won’t tell if you won’t.
Lisa Voyles is Managing Editor/Sports for the Chickasaw Journal. She can be reached at 456-3771 or via email to email@example.com.
- It’s the little things
- LISA VOYLES: Get your hunt on!
- LISA VOYLES: Things change
- Houston police arrest two in auto burglaries
- How Sunshine Leads Us Into Adventure.
- 5 Fresh, Seasonal Cocktails for Spring
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka streamlines police accounting May 18, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago