GRENADA – Margaret Olivea Baker Simmons, 81, died Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014, at her home. She was born March 12, 1932, and was the daughter of William Baker and Elsie Mae Nichols Baker of Calhoun City. She was a loving mother, wife and sister; homemaker; and a member of Hebron Baptist Church in Grenada.
Services will be 1 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2014, at National Funeral Home Chapel with Bro. Ben Ryan officiating. Burial will follow in Grenada Memorial Gardens Cemetery. National Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by one daughter, Debra Ares and her husband, Jose, of Batesville, Ark.; three sons, Billy Simmons and his wife, Jerre, of Enterprise, Ala., Bobby Simmons and his wife, Teresa, of Mooreville and Jimmy Simmons and his wife, Kathy, of Grenada; one sister, Ouida Marshall of Vardaman; one brother, Charlie Baker of Calhoun City; 11 grandchildren, Steven Simmons, Brittany Dasinger (Jacob), Camille Mangum (Calvin), Jeff Roberts, Cody Langkawel, Chad Langkawl (Mary), Brandy Langkawel, Nicole Langkawel, Dustin Simmons, Nathan Ares and Rebecca Ares; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband of 50 years, Eddie Jackson Simmons; three brothers, James Baker, Wilmer Baker and Buddy Baker; and one sister, Bonnie Rodgers.
Pallbearers will be James Ferguson, Casey Ferguson, David Clayton, Chad Langkawel, Jimmy Collins and Larry Ralston.
Honorary pallbearers will be Jody Burks and T.W. Bailey.
Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m Monday at the funeral home.
Online condolences may be made at www.nfhgrenada.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Economic Fun April 21, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- ICC Phi Theta Kappa inductees named. April 25, 2016
- Houston makes softball playoffs April 25, 2016
- Three diamond Dawgs on MLB rosters April 25, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers crush Yazoo April 27, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago