PRAIRIE – Albert Lee “Bone” Cox, 52, died Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born July 26, 1961, to Willie B. and Thelma Shaffer Cox. He was a member of Shady Grove-Abbott M.B. Church.
Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 22, at Pleasant Grove M.B. Church with Pastor Danny Gladney officiating and Pastor Avis Shelton delivering the eulogy. Burial will follow in Palo Alto Church Cemetery. N.L. Jones Funeral Directors of Tupelo is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife of 31 years, Lillye McMillian Cox; three children, Courtnea and Casey Cox of Prairie and Terrance Thompson of Tupelo; his mother, Thelma Lee Shaffer Cox of Prairie; five sisters, Dorothy (Roosevelt) Cox, Thelma Lou (Rev. Avis) Shelton, Felicia (Chad) Lenoir, Flora (Curtis) Outlaw and Nichole Shaw; five brothers, Larry (Marilyn ) Cox, Willie Charles (Loretta) Cox, Richard (Betty) Cox, Derek (Lois) Cox and James (Hazel) Cox; his mother-in-law, Martha J. McMillian; two grandchildren; and nieces and nephews.
Visitation will be from 2 to 6 p.m. Friday with family present from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Eck and Georgia Shumpert Chapel at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago