TUPELO – Audrey Pearl Westmoreland, 86, died Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014, at Countrywood Manor after an extended illness. She was born Dec. 25, 1927, in Itawamba County, the daughter of Bernice and Katie Southern Fowler. She was a longtime employee of Lane Furniture, from 1973 until she retired in 1993. She was a faithful member of Gloster Street Church of Christ where she served regularly helping with children and various charity projects. She enjoyed fishing, traveling and gardening. Her family remembers her as a devoted and loving mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.
Services will be 2 p.m. Friday, Feb. 21, at Lee Memorial Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will be in Lee Memorial Park. Lee Memorial Funeral Home is entrusted with arrangements.
Survivors include four children, Jackie Couch (Jim) of Tupelo, Glenda G. Smith of Mantachie, Peggy Joyce Reeves (Ray) of Saltillo and Marjorie P. Harris (Billy) of Okolona; her sister, Dot Rodgers (Charles) of Saltillo; eight grandchildren, Thomas Sheffield of Tupelo, Dean Perry (Kim) of Wren, Kim Ray (Jimmy) of Richmond, Tammy Knox of Alabama, Karen Harris of Okolona, Patricia Hindman (Ronnie) of Nettleton, Sonya Hanna (Jeremy) of Booneville and Dustin Harris of Mantachie; and many great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her husband, A.F. Westmoreland.
Pallbearers will be Dustin Harris, Tyler Free, Tracey “Bubba” Baskin, Dalton Kirk Hanna, Tim Rogers, Ronnie Hindman, Danny Fowler and Richard Galaviez.
Visitation will be 12:30 to 2 p.m. Friday.
For online condolences and guest registry, visit www.leememorialonline.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Houston Solar Car honored by Legislature May 29, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago