Eagles, ladies head to State!
Bruce Franks took over 30 years of coaching experience to Hebron Christian School this year and is now leading both the boy’s and girl’s team into State playoffs.
The young Lady Eagles, comprised of one senior and a host of underclassmen, have been the Cinderella team this season, blowing through district tournament and placing second at North Central.
The Lady Eagles ran over Humphreys Academy, 45-29, with Victoria Ferguson, Subrina Oswalt and Rebekah Joy Falkner splitting the lead with ten points each.
In their second game, they won over Sharkey-Issaquena by a margin of 44-34. Falkner led with 16 points.
They were matched with Carroll Academy in the finals, taking a 43-56 loss to a tough competitor.
“They are pretty good,” Franks said. “They’ll probably make some noise this week. They remind you of a Belmont or New Site.”
Ferguson led the Lady Eagles in scoring with 11 points, followed by Alaina Hill with ten.
The boy’s team ran over Central Holmes in their first game, 59-38, with Channing Tapley leading all scorers with 18 points. Clay Faulkner had 13, Hayden Carty posted 12 and Landon Hill added 10 in the effort.
In the second game, the Eagles took a 63-66 loss to Immanuel,losing Carty to injury in the second half and missing the tying three-point shot at the buzzer.
Landon Hill led with 22, followed by Tapley with 15 and Carty with 12.
“If he (Carty) had been there to get another 12 in the second half, that’s a win,” Franks said.
The loss dropped the Eagles to the consolation round, but they recouped their loss with a 59-40 win over the hosting Benton Academy.
Tapley led with 20 points and Franks said his demeanor plays a large part in his contributions to the team.
“He’s a very even-keeled kid,” Franks said. “His man doesn’t beat him to the goal.”
Faulkner added 13 and Carty and Hill contributed ten each.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago