TUPELO – Ronald Edgar “Ron” Robertson, 61, died Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2014, at his residence following a brief illness. He was born July 22, 1952, in Houston to Boyce E. Robertson and Maynette Whitt Robertson.
He was a patriotic man, serving his country in the U.S. Air Force. He attended Seminary, where he studied the Word of God. He continued his education at barber college, and worked as a barber in Tupelo for 30 years. He worked for Lee County law enforcement for more than 10 years and as a reserve for the Tupelo Police Department. He was employed as a long-haul driver for Ashley Furniture Manufacturing when he passed away. His greatest joy was his family, and he was a loving husband to his wife, Cynda Lee Robertson, who died Jan. 18, 2014. He was an active member at The Orchard UMC.
A celebration of life service will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16, in Tupelo Chapel of Holland Funeral Directors with Dr. Bryan Collier officiating. A graveside service will follow at Pleasant Ridge Cemetery in Woodland. Visitation will be Saturday from 5 to 8 p.m. and Sunday from 1 p.m. to service time.
Survivors include his sons, Ronnie Robertson and Tommy Robertson; his very special daughter-in-law, Tabbatha Robertson, all of Tupelo; and five grandchildren, Peyton Robertson, Parker Robertson, Addison Robertson, Taylor Grantham and Elizabeth Grantham.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Cynda; his parents, Boyce and Maynette; and a brother, Bobby Akins.
Pallbearers will be Tommy Robertson, Peyton Robertson, Parker Robertson, Michael Akins, Corey Akins and Jeremy Akins.
Condolences may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago