WREN – Betty Dixon McAfee, 72, died on Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born on June 10, 1941, in Wren, she was the daughter of the late Raymond and Josie Moss Dixon.
She attended Wren School and graduated from Amory High School, Class of 1960. On June 12, 1960, she married Halbert McAfee. Before becoming a homemaker, she worked in the local garment industry and at Cramco. She was a member of Meadowood Baptist Church. A very special and wonderful wife and mother who had a big heart, she loved her pets, Rebel and Sugar; working in her flowers; cooking; traveling to Panama City on family trips; and bluegrass and gospel music.
Survivors include her husband of 53 years, Halbert McAfee, Wren; daughter, Renee McAfee and companion, William Gilmore, Wren; sister-in-law, Kaye Calhoun (Bobby), Amory; and special friend, Mabel Pace.
A celebration of life service will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14, in Haughton Memorial Park with Dr. Lloyd Sweatt officiating. E.E. Pickle Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements. Everyone is asked to meet at the funeral home at 1:15 p.m. to go in procession.
Pallbearers will be Bobby Calhoun, William Gilmore, Wendell Calhoun, Mike Miller and Ted Beasley.
Visitation will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be given to Amory Humane Society, P.O. Box 218, Amory, MS 38821.
Memories and condolences may be shared with the family at eepicklefuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- PROM NIGHT 2016! April 24, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago