The ones that got away
After starting district play strong, the Lady Toppers dropped two division games last week, just when they needed them most.
The Houston girls fell to Kosciusko Feb. 4, after posting a district win over the Lady Whippets in their first meeting this season.
Friday night, they saw a 15-point halftime lead turn into a 55-60 loss to West Lauderdale, also after winning over the Lady Knights in January.
The Houston girls lost a little footing in district seeding, now caught in a three-way tie for third along with Kosciusko and West Lauderdale, while Leake Central and Noxubee County are currently holding positions one and two.
But the girls still have a district game to go against Noxubee County before the brackets can be formed. Koscisuko and West Lauderdale both have two more district games to play this week.
“We play our last district game tomorrow (Tuesday) if the weather permits and the other two teams still have two district games to play this week,” said coach Vernessa Gates.
On the boy’s side of the court, the Hilltoppers fell to the Whippets Feb. 4 and tried for a rally Friday against the Knights. The Houston boys trailed by only two, 14-16, at the close of the first quarter, but the Knights turned on the juice and rolled to a 65-44 win.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago