Area arrests on drug, fraud charges
Pontotoc County Sheriff Leo Mask said four Pontotoc County residents, along with a New Albany man and an Oxford woman, were arrested Monday night and charged with possession of methamphetamine.
Mask said the six arrests were made after a search warrant was executed at one of the suspects’ residence on Swords Lane, which is located in northwest Pontotoc County.
“We ran the search warrant after a two months investigation, where we were assisted by the Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics,” Mask said.
Those arrested and charged with possession of methamphetamine included: Jennica Clara Edwards, 30, of Swords Lane; Anthony Ray Pulliam, 30, of Swords Lane; David W. Heair, 49, of Swords Lane; Rodney E. White, 36, of Highway 9 South, Springville; Johnnie E. Heair, Jr., 51, of New Albany; and Stacey Marie McGreger, 42, of Oxford.
Aberdeen man arrested on warrant related to drug charges
By Hope Cross
ABERDEEN – The Monroe County Sheriff’s Department has arrested an Aberdeen man on multiple charges.
Steven Gaston Colburn, 57, was arrested on a capias warrant for possession of a controlled substance (cocaine) with intent to distribute, and possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) with intent. He had already been sentenced on those charges and now awaits a court date for the capias warrant arrest.
On the first charge, Colburn received 20 years with the Mississippi Department of Corrections – 15 years suspended with five years post-release supervision.
On the second charge, he received three years with the Mississippi Department of Corrections. The sentences will be served concurrently.
Colburn is currently being held at Monroe County Detention Center.
Prairie woman charged with credit card fraud
By Ray Van Dusen
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office arrested Victoria Cunningham, 22, of Prairie on Wednesday on four counts of credit card fraud.
Bond has not been set yet, and Cunningham is currently being housed in the Monroe County Detention Center.
Four Hamilton residents arrested, face drug charges
HAMILTON – Four Hamilton residents were charged as the result of a drug operation Wednesday night.
Lola Cockerham, 33, and Latham Andrew Cockerham, 33, were charged with possession of marijuana and methamphetamine with the intent to distribute, and with child endangerment.
Lance Allen Cockerham, 42, was charged with possession of cocaine.
Dustin Taylor Smith, 22, was charged with possession of a controlled substance.
The four are waiting in the Monroe County Detention Center to be arraigned.
The bust was a joint effort between the Monroe County Sheriff’s Department and Mississippi Department Corrections.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago