ECRU – Jimmie “Tut” Wilder, 83, died Monday, Feb. 10, 2014, at his residence. He was a member of Ecru Baptist Church. He retired from Landmark Furniture Factory in 1997, after working in the cutting department of several furniture factories for 55 years. He enjoyed watching his grandchildren play basketball, watching car races, working in his yard and gardening.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, at Ecru Baptist Church with the Rev. Frank Wilder officiating. Burial will follow in Ecru Cemetery. Browning Funeral Home in Pontotoc is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include his daughter, Joyce Lindsey of New Albany; his son, Tim Wilder (Sherri) of Batesville; one sister, Myzette Roberts (Harold) of Tupelo; a brother, Dewitt Wilder (Janie) of New Albany; three grandchildren, Jody Lindsey, J.C. Hayles (Jamie) and Jessi Hayles; and three stepgreat-grandchildren, Jon Micheal, Madi and Macy Walton.
He was preceded in death by his parents, John Wilder and Estelle Clayton Wilder; his wife of 61 years, Lois Watson Wilder; and three sisters, Pauline Dowdy, Doris Newsum and Frances Armstrong.
Pallbearers will be Lynn Moody, Todd Roberts, J.C. Hayles, Jody Lindsey, Lanny Dowdy and Brad Windham.
Visitation will be at Ecru Baptist Church from 3 to 6 p.m. Wednesday and from 10 to 11 a.m. Thursday.
Condolences may be offered at www.browningpontotoc.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago