Mary Alice McClure
WEST POINT – Mary Alice McClure, 91, passed away on Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014, at Trinity Place Personal Care Home in Columbus. She was born Aug. 21, 1922, in Columbus, the daughter of the late William Arthur Jones Sr. and Annie Bell Dortherow Jones. She was a retired office clerk for the Clay County Co-Op. She was a Baptist. She was married to Roy Willard McClure, who passed away Jan. 22, 1975.
Graveside services will be at 11 a.m. today at Memorial Garden Cemetery in West Point with Dr. Shawn Parker officiating. Calvert Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include one son, Randy McClure (Lynn) of Vicksburg; one grandson, Michael McClure (Alissa) of Madison; one sister, Mildred Atkins of Florida; one brother, William Arthur Jones Jr. of Caledonia; niece, Barbara Jane Reed of West Point; and nephew, Denny Brownlee (Rita) of Columbus.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; and two sisters, Dixie Brownlee and Bertha Harkins.
Pallbearers will be Michael McClure, Radale Reed, Jason Reed, Scott Reed, Denny Brownlee and Chase Bradley. Honorary pallbearers will be Mattie Rush, Michelle Sherrod, and the nurses and staff of Trinity Place Personal Care Home.
Memorials may be made to Palmer Home for Children, P.O. Box 746, Columbus, MS 39701.
Visitation will be from 10 to 10:45 a.m. Tuesday at Calvert Funeral Home.
Friends may leave an online condolence at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago