HOUSTON – Gretchen Marie Morrison, 86, died Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014, at Floy Dyer Manor in Houston. She was born June 28, 1927, in Ashland, Wis. to Lyle Tolliver and Marion Albright Tolliver. She was the eldest of 10 children.
After graduating from Ashland High School, she moved to Mississippi to live with relatives and to help them in their restaurant. She met and married John Bradberry and had their two children. Years later, she moved to Oregon to be close to her mother. She moved back to Wisconsin and married her high school friend, Bob Morrison. Later, she returned to Mississippi to live with her daughter and be close to her grandson and her great-grandchildren.
She cared deeply for other people. She loved to read, watch birds, spend time laughing and talking with Jordan and Colby and listen to Mackenzie play the piano. She was a retired inspector for Gulf States Ceramic Tile and a member of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church.
A memorial service will be held at a later date. Houston Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include her daughter, Carla (John A.) Porter of Houston; her son, Lyle (Kathy) Bradberry of Texas; her grandson, Brand and Amanda Huffman of Houston; her great-grandchildren, Colby Huffman, Mackenzie Huffman and Jordan Hardin; and her ex-daughter-in-law, Cha Chi Bradberry and Joshua.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her husbands.
Visitation was from 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 9, at Houston Funeral Home.
Memorials may be made to any children’s or animal’s organization.
Friends and family may sign the online register book at houstonfuneralhomems.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago