The United Way
There is an old saying that deep pockets solve lots of problems.
That is never more true than when it comes to fighting poverty, providing basic health care and information, helping the elderly and supporting programs aimed at building character in our youth.
Chickasaw County volunteers gather next week as part of United Way’s annual funds allocation process that will send an estimated $120,000 to 33 local and regional agencies.
Sadly, those 32 agencies made requests for $159,850 this year. It is evident that not all needs will be met.
We want to thank this community for supporting United Way. Every dollar you donate is carefully weighed against what it buys for people in your community.
Each one of those 32 agencies has already come before an Allocations Sub-Committee to explain what they do and plead their case.
Agencies on this year’s list are; American Red Cross, Autism Center of Tupelo, CATCH Kids, COPES – CDF Charities Inc., EXCEL Inc., Faith Haven, Family Resource Center of NEMS, Gardner-Simons Home for Girls, Girls Scouts, Habitat for Humanity of Houston, Harden House, Hope Family Ministries, LIFE of Mississippi, Mission Okolona, NCADD, NMMC Camp Breathe EZZZE, NMMC Cancer Patient Fund, NMMC Diabetes Association, NMMC Heart Patient Assistance Fund, NMMC Social Work Patient Fund, North MS Kidney Foundation, Okolona Dollars for Scholars, Parkgate Pregnancy Clinic, Regional Rehabilitation Center, S.A.F.E. Inc., Sally Kate Winters Family Services, Salvation Army of Chickasaw County, Special Ed Bowling League, Survival Inc., Weston Reed Foundation and Women First.
We want to point out all United Way dollars raised in Chickasaw County are allocated to agencies that touch lives in Chickasaw County.
United Way will soon turn its attention to its 2014 fundraising drive. United Way representatives will be in local businesses, industry and institutions trying to point out there are people in Chickasaw County who need your help.
Please help make United Way’s Chickasaw County pockets a little deeper next year. Please help United Way solve problems in Chickasaw County.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers crush Yazoo April 27, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago