WEST POINT – Olivia J. White Bernard, 83, passed away on Tuesday Feb. 4, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. She was born on Aug. 23, 1930, in Clay County to James Oliver Johnson and Myrtis Norris Johnson. She worked as an inspector for Monty Glove Factory for many years and was a member of Pheba Baptist Church. She was a member of Clay County Home Demonstration Club, on the board of Pheba Volunteer Fire Department, the WMU at Pheba Baptist Church and a member of the DAR.
Services will be Friday, Feb. 7, at Robinson Funeral Home Chapel in West Point with the Rev. Terry Rhodes and the Rev. Jerry King officiating. Burial will follow in Pheba Cemetery.
Pallbearers include Ron White, Mike Huffman, Chris Stevens, Lee Eaton, Jonathan Ward and Jack Stevens. Honorary pallbearers are Ella Carty Sunday School at Pheba Baptist Church, George McClain, Dr. Jerry Cox and staff, Blue Pod Nurses at NMMC-West Point, Ann Alford, Johnny Hall, and former employees at Monty Glove.
She is survived by two daughters, Carolyn (Henry) Stevens of Woodland and Jackie W. (Johnny) Ward of Pheba; one sister, Phyliss (Red) Moore of Belden; four grandchildren, Chris Stevens, Lee Eaton, Jonathan Ward and Jack Stevens; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; two husbands, W.D. Jack White and Wes Bernard; a grandson, Cody Ward; a brother, Buddy Wooten; and a sister, Eva Mae Coggins.
Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Thursday at Robinson Funeral Home.
Memorials may be made to the Pheba Cemetery Fund, c/o Becky McNeel, P.O. Box 55, Pheba, MS 39755.
Friends may leave condolences online at robinsonfh.net.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago