LOCAL FOCUS: My Store
My Store is a little bit of everything all in one spot.
Geneva Mooneyham opened the store on North Jackson less than six month ago and has seen her inventory turn over and over as people come in to look around.
“When someone comes in for the first time we don’t always know them,” she explained. “Maybe they buy something or maybe they don’t. When they come back we usually recognize them. We’ve made a lot of friends since we opened.”
And they’ve sold a lot, too.
My Store is known for antique and used furniture and in the short time it has been open they have developed a reputation for offering something unexpected.
“I’ve got a black walnut bed that was made in 1892 and a lot of nice tables that have been in a lot of nice kitchens,” said Mooneyham. “I’ve just sold a mantle and the customers will be coming back this week to pick it up. It is real nice.”
Mooneyham said they have quickly learned what people in this area like and she always asks what her customers are looking for.
“We go to a lot of estate sales and auctions,” she explained. “We also have people bring their furniture by and see if we want to buy it.”
But My Store is much more than furniture.
“We have appliances, new and second-hand clothing, children’s and baby clothes, tables and chairs, books, videos and lot glassware and nick-nacks,” Mooneyham said. “We had a lot people come in Christmas looking for things and we have had several people come in to buy birthday presents this week.”
And My Store also has stuff for the guys.
“I was in the auto repair business for years and I look for tools and shop equipment,” said Joe Mooneyham. “We’ve got an old wood heater and even a commercial deep fryer, but it’s the hand tools that I am proudest of.”
The Mooneyhams said they look hard for items at rock-bottom prices that they know they can turn around and sell quickly.
“We tell people to come in and look around,” said Geneva Mooneyham, “and if they don’t find what they want to come back in a week or two and they might just find it at my store.”
Local Focus is a regular business feature of the Chickasaw Journal. Locally owned businesses wanting to be included in Local Focus should call the Chickasaw Journal at 456-3771.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago