Lady Rams top seed for district tourney
The Lady Rams wrapped up district play undefeated at 5-0 and have two solid weeks of work ahead before entering 4-1A district tournament in mid-February.
“We have our toughest two week stretch coming up against some really solid opponents,” said coach Deanna Winter.
The Lady Rams are taking a six-game winning streak into the final weeks of regular season, but Winter knows the calibar of the competition that lies ahead including East Webster, Pine Grove, West Union and South Pontotoc.
But heading into district tournament, she wants her team to be battle-ready.
“I think it will be good to be tested before tourney,” Winter said.
VHS 59, RCPS 47
The Vardaman girls posted their final division win on the road Jan. 28 against Tupelo Christian Preparatory School, edging the Lady Eagles by two in the first quarter and extending their lead to ten points at the half.
The Lady Eagles gained some ground in the third, but the Lady Rams held them back in the fourth for the 12-point win to stay perfect in district play.
Shylsses Rimmer led the scoring for Vardaman with 19 points followed by Tiara Jones with 11. Claire Golding of TCPS led all scoring with 25 points.
VHS 60, TCPS 76
The Rams dropped behind the Eagles in the first quarter and had trouble making up the difference, although they did outscore the Eagles in the second period.
The Rams were led by Quon Cummings with 20 points, followed by Michael McKinney with 15 and Ta Buchanan with 13.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago