Lady Toppers stumble in Carthage
The Lady Toppers only have two blemishes on their division record, both at the hands of a team they are very likely to meet again in tournament.
The Houston girls fell to the Leake Central Lady Gators Jan. 31, the upcoming hosts of district tournament later this month.
The Toppers took a fall at the hads of the Gators as well.
Early week win
The Lady Toppers started off the week strong, blasting past Calendonia 51-20 on Jan. 28.
Candace Woodhouse put the Houston girls on the board with a putback and Tiara Crawford hit a bucket and picked up a couple of free throws to help the Lady Toppers to an 8-4 lead to close the first quarter.
The Lady Toppers picked up the pace significantly in the second with Crawford opening the quarter from the line and Davianna Pulliam sinking a deuce. Ashely Conner added a goal and the Houston girls quickly extended their lead to 25-12 at the half and didn’t look back on their way to a big division win.
The Hilltoppers fell behind the Confederates, 4-14 in the first period but rallied in the second to trail by only six at the half. But the Feds held them at bay in the second half, handing the Toppers the district loss.
The Toppers and Lady Toppers have three more district matches left on their way into district tournament.
They were scheduled to host Kosciusko Tuesday and West Lauderdale Friday and then head to Noxubee County Feb. 11.
They will wrap up the regular season Feb. 14 in Calhoun City and district 4-4A tournament will begin the week of Feb. 17 in Carthage.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago